Datenschutzinformation und Netiquette für Social Media
Privacy Notice for Social Network Users
Art. 14 Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”)
This privacy notice describes how BERLIN-CHEMIE AG, (“BERLIN-CHEMIE”), Glienicker Weg 125, 12489 Berlin, Germany, processes your personal data when you use your profile on the social network such as, by way of example, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn and similar networks or portals (also “Social Networks”) to interact with BERLIN-CHEMIE’s profile/pages on those Social Networks, or surf BERLIN-CHEMIE’s websites while logged in to those Social Networks.
This document only addresses the personal data processing operations carried out by BERLIN-CHEMIE: your data are in fact collected and processed in the first place by the Social Network on which you have a profile (which acts as “Data Controller” of your personal data), and only if you interact with BERLIN-CHEMIE’s social accounts, pages and or websites, will BERLIN-CHEMIE access to and process a small portion of the data about yourself held by the Social Network. BERLIN-CHEMIE is an “independent Data Controller” in respect to the personal data about you received from the relevant Social Network: this means that Social Networks and BERLIN-CHEMIE autonomously decide the purposes and methods with which they process the personal data about you they respectively access.
The processing operations carried out by BERLIN-CHEMIE are described here below. If you are interested in knowing how Social Networks process your data, we invite you to read the Privacy Policies available via your Social Network profile(s).
If you interact with BERLIN-CHEMIE’s account/page/profile on the Social Network (“Page”), BERLIN-CHEMIE may process the following personal data about yourself, inferred from your profile: name, surname, username and other biographical and professional information, age, gender, information voluntarily made public by you or shared via the Social Network by means of posts or other functionalities; your activities on the social network on BERLIN-CHEMIE’s Page and on the Social Networks, such as “likes”, comments, public posts, tags and hashtags; content of private messages addressed to BERLIN-CHEMIE.
Moreover, the Social Network – if you provided your consent via your Social Network profile and browser’s settings – may make available to BERLIN-CHEMIE additional information about activities and preferences you expressed when surfing the internet. This information may also be collected with instruments such as cookies, web beacons and pixel tags: for more information, we invite you to check your browser settings, your Social Network profile settings or the policies of the websites you visit. Please be informed that when said instruments are used on BERLIN-CHEMIE websites, the relevant details are provided in the respective cookie and privacy policies. We clarify that if you have logged in to your account on the Social Network and surf on the internet with the same device, BERLIN-CHEMIE may be able to detect some of the information connected to your Social Network Profile, such as age group, “likes”, etc., and in some cases also to identify you.
Your data will be processed for the following purposes:
- answer your posts, requests and queries, and enable you to take part in the activities performed via the Page; manage and optimise the Page’s content, perform statistical analyses and market research on the users who interact with the Page or our websites. The legal basis of the processing is BERLIN-CHEMIE’s legitimate interest to promote its activities and enhance its company image (art. 6.1.f GDPR)
- to fulfil its legal obligations, as well as to clear its obligations pertaining to the protection of public health, which require the monitoring, follow-up and reporting to the authorities/other bodies (licensors, licencees, etc.) any information about actual or potential adverse events related to the use of BERLIN-CHEMIE’s products. The legal bases of the processing are complying with legal obligations and pursuing a public interest in the field of public health, consisting in ensuring a high standard of safety and quality of BERLIN-CHEMIE’s products (arts. 6.1.c and 9.2.i GDPR)
- ensure you comply with the Netiquette; enforce BERLIN-CHEMIE’s legal rights; enforce BERLIN-CHEMIE’s Code of Ethics and Group Code of Conduct. The legal bases of the processing are pursuing the legitimate interest to avoid abuses committed by internet users via the Page, including infringing the mentioned Codes or any applicable laws, and defend its legal rights (art. 6.1.f and 9.2.f GDPR
- carry out promotional campaigns pertaining to BERLIN-CHEMIE’s activities, products or services (in compliance with the applicable laws on promotional activities of health-related products and services) by means of BERLIN-CHEMIE’s Social Network account, including by sending ads or messages. The legal basis of the processing is your consent, expressed to the Social Network (art. 6.1.a GDPR). - sending you targeted ads (“profiling”) pertaining to the activities, products and services outlined at the previous bullet point. The legal basis of the processing is your consent, expressed to the Social Network, also in connection with cookies, Web beacons/trackers, pixel tags. (art. 6.1.a GDPR)
- regarding user data collected in connection with job openings published by BERLIN-CHEMIE via the Social Networks, assessing and/or establishing a professional relationship. The legal basis of the processing is the performance of a contract or pre-contractual measures aimed at concluding a contract with you (art. 6.1.b GDPR).
In case you publish data pertaining to third parties, it is your responsibility to clear any requirements pertaining to information and consent collection, in compliance with the applicable data protection laws.
Regarding your consent to the processing of the data about yourself that BERLIN-CHEMIE receives via your Social Network profile, we clarify that: (i) the relevant consents are conferred by you when you register with the Social Networks, and you may personalise them at any time (BERLIN-CHEMIE does not, however, control these operations in any way –they are managed entirely by the Social Networks); (ii) data processed by BERLIN-CHEMIE are those made available by the Social Network: this means BERLIN-CHEMIE is not responsible for any unauthorised disclosure of information by the Social Network or for the receipt of unwanted ads/messages, in breach of the options you have selected.
Your Data will be processed mainly electronically, and will be entered in its IT systems in compliance with the applicable data privacy laws, including data security and confidentiality aspects, in line with the principles of lawfulness and fairness. Data will be stored for as long as strictly necessary to achieve the specific purposes pursued - in any event, the criterion used to determine the storage period is based on compliance with time limits permitted by law and the principles of data minimisation, storage limitation or rational management of our archives.
BERLIN-CHEMIE’s staff belonging to the following categories are authorised to process the user’s data: technical and administrative staff, IT staff, product managers, internal audit and compliance as well as other staff members who require processing the data for performance of their job duties.
The Data can be communicated also in foreign countries and/or outside the EU (“Third Countries”) to other companies of the Menarini Group (also located abroad) for administrative and accounting purposes pursuant to Article 6.1.(f) and Recital 48 of the GDPR.
Additionally, the Data can be communicated, also in Third Countries, to BERLIN-CHEMIE’s Supervisory Body, to third-party companies, such as providers and sub-providers of IT and Cloud Computing services, networking service providers which manage BERLIN-CHEMIE’s Pages and companies that carry out consulting activities (e.g., tax, administrative, etc.) on BERLIN-CHEMIE’s behalf, institutions, authorities, public bodies for their institutional purposes, based on the applicable law; third parties in case of audits, mergers and acquisitions (also abroad). Recipients shall process data for the purposes indicated above and in compliance with the applicable laws.
Regarding any transfer of Data outside the EU, including in countries whose laws do not guarantee the same level of protection to personal data privacy as that afforded by EU Law, the Controller informs that the transfer shall in any event take place in accordance with the methods permitted by the GDPR, such as, for example, on the basis of the user’s consent, on the basis of the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, by selecting parties enrolled in international programmes for free movement of data (e.g. EU-US Privacy Shield) or operating in countries considered safe by the European Commission.
By contacting the Data Protection Officer of BERLIN-CHEMIE, who may be reached at the email address email@example.com, you may exercise the rights afforded by arts. 15-22 GDPR, including: obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data which relate to you, check its content, origin, correctness, location (also with reference to any Third Countries), request a copy, request correction and in cases provided by law, restriction of processing, deletion, oppose to direct contact activities (also limited to particular means of communication). Likewise, you may always express any concern you may have about the processing of your data or lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority. To withdraw the consent(s) you conferred to Social Networks you need to address your request directly to the Social Networks themselves.
Dear user, thank you for your interest in the social media channels and in the online community of BERLIN-CHEMIE AG (hereinafter referred to as the ”BERLIN-CHEMIE”).
Whenever possible, the medical and scientific information made available is for informational use only and cannot be considered as professional advice replacing medical intervention or giving any customised treatment indication.
The user acknowledges that, where posting is permitted, any data, texts, graphics, pictures, their selection and arrangement and any other material the user decides to post by using the IT functions and tools of the chosen channel ("Contents") are the sole responsibility of the person who generated them.
Quotations, likes and comments are allowed, whereas discussions concerning products of BERLIN-CHEMIE or of any other pharmaceutical companies, or treatment options, are not allowed.
Management and moderation are entrusted to people in charge of this, who carry out periodic checks on posted messages. In any case, the user acknowledges that BERLIN-CHEMIE that manages the relevant Channel may not carry out any preventive oversight on the Contents, declining any responsibility for the Contents uploaded, posted or otherwise made available by the users.
Where provided for, the user also acknowledges that the Channel may allow sharing of Contents published with other social networks; BERLIN-CHEMIE that manages the relevant Channel has no control over the subsequent processing of the Contents and refuses any responsibility or liability therefor.
BERLIN-CHEMIE shall use its best efforts to respond to any users’ comments and questions; however, it is not possible to address certain topics, such as any matters directly related to the legal field, confidential information or information concerning medical disorders. If it is not possible to reply to a comment, a private message with the motivation may be sent, where allowed and permitted by the functionality of the chosen Channel.
In any case, it is absolutely forbidden for each user to send messages that include:
- profanity, defamation, calumny, offensive, discriminatory or degrading, vulgar, xenophobic contents or any contents harmful to the dignity and sensitivity of others, praising hatred, violence or illegal behaviour;
- intellectual and/or industrial property rights of third parties (such as trademarks or logos), or copyrighted materials (such as music, videos, texts) without the express consent from the holders of such rights;
- any treatment indications;
- political propaganda contents;
- off-topic contents, or any contents written to disturb the discussion or offend those who manage and moderate the media channel;
- offering medical or otherwise health advice in general;
- commercial contents: for example, selling products / services, advertising campaigns, or recruiting fans and followers;
- excessively repetitive and/or disturbing contents for the community or spamming;
- any matters directly related to the legal field, confidential information or information concerning medical disorders;
- any contents that violate the rules of conduct of the chosen Channel.
Furthermore, the user acknowledges that:
- posted contents must never mention any drugs or active ingredients of BERLIN-CHEMIE, the companies of the Menarini Group or of any other pharmaceutical company;
- as provided for by the regulations in force, under no circumstances may promotional contents relating to drugs be posted;
- in no case should any legal proceedings, disputes / pending suits be mentioned;
- the user has to obtain, before uploading any information that allows the identification of third parties (such as name, phone number, address, pictures and/or videos in which such third parties are portrayed), their prior consent to the publication and possible sharing via the social media network, it being understood that posting – through the functionalities and the IT tools available on the site – any pictures or Contents that concern a user automatically implies the consent of that user to their diffusion and sharing;
- any use or mention of the user Contents or materials transmitted through the Channel's functionalities and IT tools or obtained by the user through said functionalities or IT tools is at the user's own risk.
The user acknowledges BERLIN-CHEMIE’s right / obligation to implement any measures whereby the competent authorities request BERLIN-CHEMIE to disclose the identity of whoever may have sent said material. In no way shall BERLIN-CHEMIE be liable for any loss or damage caused by, related to or resulting from any Contents posted by you or by other users.
BERLIN-CHEMIE may provide links or references to websites as part of the social content; however, BERLIN-CHEMIE accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or content of such sites and is not liable for any damage resulting from such content.
By posting on any of the Channels managed by BERLIN-CHEMIE, users agree to unconditionally and irrevocably grant, assign and transfer, on a perpetual and worldwide basis, any and all rights, title and intellectual property rights, in and to any ideas, music, texts, photos, videos, graphics and other works, techniques, materials, information or contents (collectively the "Work") to BERLIN-CHEMIE and BERLIN-CHEMIE shall be entitled to use, reproduce and communicate to the public (including reposting, retweeting and otherwise sharing) the Work (and any part of it) in any way and on any media, including on forums, on any other websites and social media pages of BERLIN-CHEMIE, as well as in its business activity also on a commercial basis for the purposes of corporate communication, both internal and external, marketing, market research, business development and human resources management. BERLIN-CHEMIE shall be entitled to edit or modify the Work in any manner it deems fit without violating the users' moral rights. As a result, users are encouraged not to submit ideas, materials or contents about which they wish to maintain confidentiality or for which they expect to receive a consideration. However, should BERLIN-CHEMIE pass on the Work to third parties for use against payment, BERLIN-CHEMIE is willing to pay the user a reasonable compensation to be determined by BERLIN-CHEMIE, subject to judicial review in the event of dispute.
By posting on any of the Channels managed by BERLIN-CHEMIE, users warrant and represent that they own or control or are otherwise entitled to grant, assign and transfer the rights in and to the Work as set out above.
Please do not use this channel to report adverse events or side effects of drugs. In case of side effects or adverse reactions following the use of a product of BERLIN-CHEMIE, you should consult your doctor, pharmacist or any other healthcare professional immediately. You can report any adverse reaction directly to BERLIN-CHEMIE and the competent authorities here.